Recently, much emphasis has been placed on social media marketing, but nothing could beat good old email campaigns to reach out new and potential customers. Email marketing holds the number one spot when it comes to measuring customer responses and success of your campaign. There are numerous email platforms which assist the creation and development of e-newsletters, provide campaign statics to marketers, and bypass spamming filters. In this article I’ve discussed some of the best email marketing platforms; each has its own advantages and unique features. Selecting one must depend upon your business needs and marketing budget.
MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing tools, with more than 400,000 users worldwide. The platform is highly extensible, simple to use and easily customizable which makes it the number one choice for non-technical users. MailChimp offers a flexible UI for HTML development with a free gallery of HTML email templates. User with up to 2000 subscribers and 12000 monthly email can enjoy MailChimp for free which makes it the number one choice for small businesses and new startups. MailChimp offers a number of mailing features, some of which I’ve discussed below. You can also view the complete list of MailChimp features.
- Split testing to check which email content and subject lines work best for you
- Third party app integration, including Eventbrite, Salesforce, Google, Facebook, Twitter, SurveyMonkey and Shopify
- Unlimited recipient mailing list and unlimited send with all paid plans
- Simple and easy campaign management with web/mobile app
- Google Analytics integration for reporting
- Geographical location and segmentation possibilities
- Competitor analysis report to measure campaign performance in comparison with similar organizations
Emma, on the other hand is known for its stylish designs and excellent customer services. The platform has its focus on small businesses offering a simple, yet stylish way to get in touch with their customers, fans and members. Though, the HTML email template management is not as flexible as offered by other platforms, but you can shoot campaigns and extract performance reports with no trouble. Emma offers many valuable features for marketers not only to plan and run a successful email campaign but lack A/B split testing and spam reporting. You can view complete list of Emma features.
- Google Analytics integration with real-time response tracking
- Forms and surveys to gather subscriber insights
- Mobile optimized customizable email templates
- Customizable subscriber database
- Scheduled mailing for special events and subscriber birthdays
- Segmentation options and subscriber list customization
Like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor also offer advanced email template management, quick and efficient campaign reports, and safe and spam-free email delivery. The platform started out an individual project for a web design company in Sydney, Australia, but later stand-out as an individual project with over 100,000 customers around the world. One thing that distinguishes it from other platforms is it can be sold as a service to clients by simply rebranding. I’ve listed a few important features below; you can also view the complete list of Campaign Monitor features.
- CMS integration with popular systems like WordPress and Drupal
- Google Analytics Integration
- Avoid spam filters by whitelisting at key ISPs
- CDN images that loads up fast
- API integration with third party apps
- Unlimited recipient mailing list