When finding the perfect ecommerce platform for your next online business web project you must have come across Magento. There are numerous characteristics which make this particular platform the best, and most important of them all is the content management system. Magento is extendable, flexible, upgradeable, modular and scalable, which is why it is favored above all.
Magento Enterprise & Community Editions
Magento features two basic editions, the Enterprise edition and Community edition, which is free and open-source. The Community edition, however, does not work efficiently for large-scale websites that has an extensive range of products, and does not offer technical support. Though, it encourages user learning with community based support where developers and merchants are ready to help you with the problem at hand.
On the other hand, the Enterprise edition saves a great deal of time, money and is ideal for handling large website, easy integration of backup systems, faster page loading, re-indexing and offer various other tweaks to optimize web performance. In comparison to other platform the license for Magento Enterprise editions is fairly cheap and affordable which allow users to choose between Gold and Platinum Support from $17.900 per year to $21.480 per year, respectively.
Magento offers a great performance, merchandising, insights and scalability. The support tools make sure that any problem you encounter during the course gets solved quickly, while shopper analytics help you set custom metrics and dimensions for tracking. Having said enough on why Magento is the best platform for ecommerce business, let’s move on to available powerful extensions. Magento offers a number of Themes and Extensions for users to choose the one that suits their business needs and website requirements. Following is a collection of some useful Magento Extensions for KodeMatix.
Product Attachments Magento Extension is an extension provides functionality for file downloads available within Product pages.
- Ability to add video files on product page
- Ability to give SEO friendly file name
- Ability to show downloadable files directly on product page
- Ability to upload files when edit products from admin panel
- Add ‘Downloads’ tab on product page if supported by theme
- Easy-to-use File Manager allows file uploading and instant attaching of the uploaded file products.
- Files also can be attached to a product in a very convenient way under Product Attachments tab from product page in Magento Admin panel
- Option to set preferred position of a block with downloads
- Sort files by name, and size
With this extension store owner will sell products quicker and save their time on unwanted items & unnecessary price modifications, while keeping customers updated about the product stock availability.
- Admin can view all subscription from all customers for all products
- Default email notification template will have the following information such as product name and product link
- Easy admin interface
- Enable/Disable the out of stock alert option
- Increases the sales of product by keeping on updating your customers about the product stock availability at the site
- Magento out of stock notification is easy to install and configure and with an easy back-end
- Registered members & guests can subscribe to receive notifications when products back in stock
- Send notification email to customer right after a product is back in stock
- When product is our of stock, then out of stock notification option feature is displayed in the product’s view page
This extension will make checkout step of your online store more quickly and give to your customer an enjoyable experience. You can increase sales easily.
- AJAX updates for checkout page
- Checkout from cart page only
- Default Payment and Shipping included
- Easy to install and use
- Multiple Theme support
- No steps for checkout process
- Ready to use without affecting Magento core files
If you want to offer multiple shipping options for customers based on their locations or you can define different shipping rates according to destination, shipping method and the weight, price or quantity of an item.
- Shipping rates is calculated using the following criteria:Destination based, Weight, Price or per Items
- Shipping Table Rate offers multiple shipping options to customers based on their locations
- Supports zipcode numerical ranges (i.e. 1000-2200)
- You can setup different shipping rates according to the destination and shipping method
- Zipcode filter to determine shipping charges